THE KAISER WILHELM MEMORIAL CHURCH

The Protestant Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church is a very vivid reminder of the destruction that war brings.

The original church on the site was built in the 1890s. It was badly damaged in a bombing raid in 1943. The present building, which consists of a church with an attached foyer and a separate belfry with an attached chapel, was built between 1959 and 1963. The damaged spire of the old church has been retained and its ground floor has been made into a memorial hall.